Frequently Asked Questions
- Honeywell T6 Pro Series Thermostat User Manual
- Honeywell T6 Pro Manual
- Lyric T6 Pro Wi Fi User Manual
- Honeywell T6 Pro Thermostat Troubleshooting
- Honeywell T6 Pro Thermostat Installation Manual
May 06, 2018 My Honeywell Proseries thermostat is locked. How do I unlock it? I don't have the manual - Answered by a verified Home Improvement Expert. A 'User Setup Number' will appear in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. Press 'Up' or 'Down' until the user number 0670 displays on the screen. I have a Honeywell T6 Programmable Thermostat.Why won't my thermostat connect to Apple® HomeKit™?
Use the following steps to connect your thermostat to Apple HomeKit:
- Check the model number of your thermostat to make sure it is HomeKit-enabled.
- Check the wiring of your thermostat. If the thermostat does not have a C-wire, please contact your installer. Make sure your Lyric app is has been updated to the latest version.
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to Wi-Fi or is using your smartphone's data. If Apple HomeKit is still not working with your Lyric T6 Pro Wi-Fi thermostat, call our customer support at 1-800-633-3991.
If your commands are not responding, it means there is a disconnect between the app and Apple HomeKit. To resolve this use the following steps:
- Go into Settings on your smartphone and select the Wi-Fi, then scroll down to see thermostat name with the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- Turn Home Data off.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Lyric app.
- Go back into Settings and turn Home Data back on.
- Make sure that your iOS version is up-to-date.
Yes, the Lyric T6 Pro Wi-Fi thermostat can be powered by a Honeywell wiresaver module.Will Apple HomeKit work without a C-wire being installed?
No, the Lyric T6 Pro Wi-Fi thermostat requires a C-wire (common wire) to work with Apple HomeKit.
Honeywell T6 Pro Series Thermostat User ManualHow do I control the Lyric T6 Pro with Siri®?
To control the thermostat with Siri, please use the examples of prompts below:
- Siri, set 'name of location' to 'XX' degrees.
- Siri, what is the indoor temperature?
- Siri, set thermostat to 'Home' settings.
If Siri is not able to make changes and states 'I don't see anything connected' or 'I'm not sure I understand', verify HomeKit settings below:
- Verify your Lyric app is up-to-date.
- Verify that Home Data is on.
- Within 'Privacy' of the iOS device, verify T5 is 'HomeKit' enabled.
- If needed, in 'Privacy' of the iOS device, select Reset HomeKit Configuration, delete any HomeKit related applications, reinstall, and set up any HomeKit devices.
- Ensure the thermostat and the device are HomeKit compatible (requires a common 'C' wire and iOS version 9.0 or above).
- Open your Lyric app.
- Select the 'Global Drawer' icon.
- Select 'Add a New Device'.
- When configuring the thermostat, connect to the (T6 Thermostat) accessory network within the app.
- When connecting the thermostat to the network, enter the home networks password (If 'WAC Mode' is enabled the thermostat will automatically connect the home Wi-Fi network).
- At the end of connecting the device, the T6 thermostat will display a number. Use your smartphone to take picture of the number which will be recorded, or manually enter the number.
- The thermostat should now be setup for use with Apple HomeKit.
Yes, the temperature can be adjusted directly at the thermostat. However, some features, including geofencing, are managed only through the Lyric App and will not function while the connection is down. The thermostat will automatically reconnect to Wi-Fi once the network is restored.Why is my Lyric T6 Pro Wi-Fi thermostat not finding the in-home Wi-Fi network?
Lyric thermostat operates in the 2.4GHz range. That may be why the Lyric thermostat does not see the network but the smartphone, which operates in both the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz range, sees the network. Most routers will broadcast two networks, one SSID on the 5.0 GHz radio and one SSID on the 2.4 GHz radio.Why is a change I made on the Lyric app not showing up on the Lyric T6 Pro Wi-Fi thermostat?
There may be a short delay after making temperature and setting changes in the app.What is geofencing?
A geofence is a virtual perimeter for a geographic area. It is a feature in a software program that uses the global positioning system or radio frequency identification to define geographical boundaries. A geofence is a virtual perimeter for a geographic area. Once you've set your geofence radius, your smartphone determines if you've crossed from one side of your geofence boundary to the other. Apple and Android have unique, proprietary methods of determining when this happens. When you are logged in to the Lyric app, the Lyric service receives a notice from your smartphone that your phone crossed the boundary. Lyric is not aware of your location, just that you crossed the boundary. Often, the geofence crossing happens at a predictable spot on your commute or while you're out and about. The exact spot, however, depends on a variety of conditions such as cell tower locations, other apps you have open on your smartphone, etc).Can there be multiple users for geofencing?
Yes, there can be multiple users. Geofencing will trigger based on the last person to leave and the first person to return. To properly use geofencing with multiple users:
- Each user needs to create their own Lyric account.
- Each user should use their login ID and password across his or her devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- No two users should share the same account.
Access can be given to any or all thermostat locations through the Lyric app.
- Start by touching the three-line menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of the home screen.
- Select Manage Users and touch Add User located at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in the email address of the person to be invited. If they have a Lyric account set up, the location will be automatically added to their account. If they don't have an account, they will receive an email invitation prompting them to download the app and create their own account.
Note: All individuals with access to a thermostat share the same user privileges. Users added will be able to change the thermostat's settings, as well as add or delete other users.Is there a way to extend the signal strength?
The range or distance of the Wi-Fi signal is determined by the router. Check your router's manual for additional information.There is an alert that says Wi-Fi Signal Lost. What does that mean?
This means that the Wi-Fi signal to the thermostat has been lost. Wait for the thermostat to reconnect or select a new network within the Lyric app configuration menu. If the thermostat is unable to reconnect, troubleshoot the router to determine the cause.Why is the thermostat showing up as offline (strike-through Wi-Fi icon) on top of right corner of thermostat display?
If the thermostat displays a strike-through Wi-Fi icon on its screen or shows up as offline on the Lyric app, it has lost connection to the network. Make sure the router is powered and broadcasting. The home's Wi-Fi network may need to be reset by power cycling the router. Consult the router's instruction manual for directions on power cycling. When the network has been restored, the thermostat will automatically reconnect. An activation email hasn't been received. An email will be sent from [email protected]Why haven't I yet received by activation email to complete Lyric account setup?
If an activation email is not received after five minutes, check the Spam folder of the email account. If you do not find it in the Spam folder, click on the Resend button and the activation email will be resent. If you still do not receive your activation email, please contact the Lyric customer support team at 1-800-633-3991 for help.How do I remove wires from the UWP mounting system?
Push down on the release button on the side of the terminal. While holding the button down, gently pull the wire out.When are the 'U' contacts on the UWP mounting system used?
Only the (Trade model) TH6320WF2003/U (Wi-Fi) model uses these terminals. The TH6320WF2003/U can be configured to control a whole house ventilator or an EARD fresh air damper for ventilation.What is changeover and how do I change setpoints?
The Lyric T6 Pro thermostats has auto-changeover. This allows the thermostat to change between heating and cooling as needed based on the room temperature and the heating and cooling set points. If your thermostat does not show 'auto' as one of the options, it has not been configured for auto-changeover. Your installer can check the installation instructions for how to configure the thermostat for auto-changeover.What can I use to clean the screen on my thermostat?
To clean the screen, use household glass cleaner, but do not spray it directly on the screen. The cleaner can be put onto a soft cloth and used to wipe the screen.When there is a loss of power, will the thermostat hold the set point temperature and schedule settings?
Yes, the thermostat stores the set point and schedule.What is Smart Response?
When going from an energy savings temperature to a comfort temperature, the smart response feature allows the heating or cooling equipment to turn on earlier than the comfort program temperature setting, ensuring the indoor temperature will match the set-point at the scheduled time.What are the minimum cool set point limits?
40-90 Degrees Fahrenheit (4.5 – 32.0 Degrees Celsius). This is an adjustable setting in the configuration menu.
Honeywell T6 Pro ManualWhat are the maximum heat set point limits?
50-99 Degrees Fahrenheit (10.0 – 37.0 Degrees Celsius). This is an adjustable setting in configuration menu.
Lyric T6 Pro Wi Fi User ManualHow can I schedule my thermostat?
Honeywell T6 Pro Thermostat Troubleshooting
- Location-Based scheduling: The Lyric thermostat uses your smartphone's location to know when you're away, and saves you energy. Through geofence technology, it senses your return and helps make you comfortable upon arrival. You can always manually change your preset Home and Away temperature either on the thermostat or on the app.
- Smart Scheduling: Use a combination of geofencing and time scheduling to fit your busy, active lifestyle.
- Time-Based Scheduling: Program your thermostat for one week; each day (each day is a different schedule); Mon-Fri, Sat, Sun; or Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun. All days with four adjustable periods per day.
- No scheduling: Control your comfort manually by adjusting temperature set points only.
Honeywell T6 Pro Thermostat Installation Manual
If we weren't able to answer your question please contact our Support Team or use our Live Chat service.