As most of you already know, at E3 Ubisoft officially announced and released Story Creator Mode (SCM) for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. If you're unfamiliar with it: Story Creator Mode is a quest creation tool that will allow you to create your own Stories in the world of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and play stories created by other players. Assassin's Creed Odyssey Discovery Tour: Ancient Greece Launches Next Week: Aug 28, 2019: Assassin's Creed Odyssey's 'Fate of Atlantis' Episode 1 DLC Goes Free for a Limited Time: Aug 06, 2019: Assassin's Creed Odyssey August Update Adds a New Lost Tale, Story Creator Features.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is Ubisoft’s latest installment to the Assassin’s Creed series. The game features intense naval battles, engaging combat, and a vast open world for players to explore. This guide will serve as a hub for all of our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey content, including tips for finding legendary armor, recruiting lieutenants, and solving the Ainigmata Ostraka riddles.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Quick Tips
- Use Ikaros - Your eagle companion, Ikaros, can help you discover treasure and mark enemies on the map. Fly over with Ikaros before sneaking into an area to ensure you have all the relevant information you need about enemy movements and collectible locations.
- Spartan Kick - When fighting an enemy near a tall cliff or at the edge of a boat, use the Sparta Kick to knock them into oblivion. Enemies will die instantly after falling from a tall ledge or into deep water, so this can be a very easy way to dispatch tougher foes. However, keep in mind the Sparta Kick won't knock back enemies more than two levels above you.
- Regain Health with Actives - Each time you use an active ability, you will regenerate a portion of your health when hurt. Don’t be afraid to regularly use your active abilities to help sustain your character during combat.
- Reset Abilities - If you’ve got enough Drachmae to spend, you can reset your abilities in the skill tree at any time. Consider doing this before leveling up your abilities so that you can prioritize the ones you use the most.
- Visit the Blacksmith - The Blacksmith is where you need to go if you want to buy, sell, upgrade, or add Engravings to your weapons. If you find a weapon you really like, you can upgrade it to match your level so that you don’t have to part with it.
Assassin's Creed Odyssey Features
Assassin's Creed Odyssey Voice Actors
Find out who voices Kassandra, Alexios, and other key characters in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
What's New in Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Discover the biggest changes in the latest installment of the Assassin's Creed franchise!
What Does 'Misthios' Mean?
Find out why you're getting called 'misthios' so much and what it means.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Guides
PC System Requirements
Find out if your PC has the proper specs to run Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
Top 10 Tips for Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Embark on your journey through Ancient Greece with these essential gameplay tips.
How to Fast Travel
If you’re trying to traverse large areas, you’re going to want to learn how to fast travel.
How to Pass Time and Meditate
Learn how to wait and change the time of day in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
How to Recruit Ship Lieutenants
How to go about recruiting and hiring new lieutenants for your ship crew.
How to Use Photo Mode
Here’s how to take and edit pictures using photo mode in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
How to Upgrade Gear
How to upgrade gear to make it last throughout your journey.
How to Craft Arrows
Learn how to craft Normal Arrows in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
Seafaring Guide - How to Captain the Adrestia
Basic tips for commanding the Adrestia and engaging in naval combat in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
How to Get the Stink Eye Hidden Trophy
Learn how to recover the Cyclops Eye and acquire this hidden trophy.
How to Defeat the Kalydonian Boar
Get Artemis’ Bow by beating the Kalydonian Boar during the Daughters of Artemis quest.
All Eyes of Kosmos Locations
Where to find all Eyes of Kosmos cultist locations to get the Snake Set Legendary Armor.
How to get the Pegasus and Unicorn Horse Skins
Here's how to equip Phobos with the Pegasus, Black Unicorn, and Rainbow Unicorn horse skins.
How to Get the Abraxas (Fire) Horse Skin
Learn how to unlock the Legendary horse skin, Abraxas in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
How to Breath Underwater with Poseidon's Trident
We show you where to find Poseidon’s Trident and unlock the Breathe Underwater Engraving.
How to Get More Obsidian Glass
Learn how to find Obsidian Glass so you can upgrade your gear, ship and other items.
How to Find the Arena
Learn the location of the Arena and how to access it once found.
How to Get Precious Gems
Learn how to get more Precious Gems for upgrades in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
How to Find the Minotaur
Locate the Minotaur in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and enter the Labyrinth to fight the optional boss.
How to Enter the Cave of the Forgotten Isle
Here's how to open the gate and gain access to enter the Cave of the Forgotten Isle.
How to Romance NPCs
Here's what you need to do to start sweet talking your favorite NPCs in the game.
Ainigmata Ostraka Guides
Guides for how to find and solve every Ainigmata Ostraka tablet in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, organized by region.
Odyssey Story Map
Hear about the latest guides, exclusive content, and amazing offers!
About the author
Larryn is a content creator on YouTube and a full-time writer who has written guides and editorial features for various gaming websites. She can often be found at small gatherings preaching the gospel of The Witcher 3.